Smoked Tomato Pasta
If you are looking for a no-meat pasta or vegan pasta recipe, then try this smoked tomato pasta. This is a quick and easy pasta recipe with a few ingredients. The unique smoky flavor of tomatoes will make it richer in taste. A perfect choice for your dinner menu. All the ingredients can be easily found in the kitchen. So just grab the saucepan and make this delicious, mouth-watering smoked tomato pasta and enjoy.
One of my go-to quick dishes is this one. When you’re hungry, shortcuts are essential, so it’s a win if some tasty pasta keeps you from ordering a pizza. This dish is a great option for packing for lunch because it reheats brilliantly as well. Did I mention that it is also reasonably priced?
Although the recipe below contains suggested proportions, you are in charge of the precise ratios. There’s no room for error. Please share your thoughts about the recipe in a comment. I hope it becomes a go-to quick lunch for you as well.
Fire roasted tomatoes make this pasta special. This adds a BBQ flavor to the pasta. Tomatoes can be roasted over a direct flame by using skewers. Simply cut tomatoes into two halves, or you can also use them as a whole and skewer them on skewers. It would be best if you just put a drop of oil on all the tomatoes and gently rub them with it before roasting the tomatoes. Place skewers over a flame and gently rotate their sides until their skin turns black and the tomatoes are softened.
Roasting tomatoes in the oven
For oven roasting, use butter paper on the oven tray and, in the bowl, cut tomatoes into two pieces and marinate them with oil, salt, and pepper. The best method for oven roasting is the use of cherry tomatoes. To enhance the flavor, add some garlic and onion pieces. Place in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes.
Smoked Tomato Pasta Recipe Ingredients
To make smoked tomato pasta at home, you only need four main ingredients, and it is likely that you already have them all.
- Dry pasta—spaghetti is best for this recipe. To make it healthy, wholewheat pasta is also a good option, or homemade pasta.
- Fresh tomatoes—this is the key ingredient to this pasta recipe. Fresh tomatoes are necessary so that they can be nicely roasted in the oven or over the flame.
- Yellow onion—medium diced
- Garlic Cloves—minced but if you like sliced garlic, then it is also a good alternative.
- Seasonings —Italian herbs, black pepper, and salt are enough, but if you want it a bit spicy, then you can add red chili flakes as well.
- Olive oil —use of olive oil is superlative if you want to make it healthy.
How To Make Smoked Tomato Pasta
Are you prepared to master pasta-making? See this step-by-step tutorial first, then scroll down to the bottom of this post for the whole recipe.
First, boil the pasta. But don’t forget to add some olive oil and salt to boil it properly so that the pasta doesn’t stick together while boiling and occasionally stir it. When the pasta is cooked completely, strain the water and add cold tap water to it. Take out the cold water. By adding cold water, the pasta will not stick together.
Place the tomatoes over the stove burner and turn the heat to medium. Roast tomatoes until thoroughly cooked, roasted from all sides. Cool it down, then peel off the skin and blend it in a blender, or finely chop it with a knife for a nice chunky flavor in pasta.
Heat the oil and add the onion and sauté it. Then add garlic and chili flakes and sauté them too. The flavor of chili flakes will be enhanced if they are sautéed first rather than added at the last.
Add blended tomato puree to it. Add some water to it and cook it on a medium to low flame until the water dries and it becomes thick. Finally, add all the seasonings and chopped basil if you like.
Add boiled pasta to it. Toss it well and then serve it hot. If you prefer, Parmesan cheese can also be grated over it.
Suggestions and Tips
- While boiling pasta, add a little salt and oil so that the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- For the best results, wash the pasta in cold water after boiling it.
- Grill garlic and one onion with tomatoes to add more flavor.
- To make it cheesier, just add mozzarella cheese on top of it and bake for 10–12 minutes at 180 °C.
- It is a good option for vegans.
Smoked Tomato Pasta
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper, add more if you need it
- 4-5 medium size fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- chopped fresh basil leaves
- parmesan cheese(optional)
- salt according to taste
- Turn on the burner of the stove on medium heat and place tomatoes on it. Roast tomatoes from all sides until roasted completely. Fire roasted tomatoes are ready.
- Peel off the skin of tomatoes and blend them in a blender.
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided sauté pan over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the onion and sauté until softened and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Carefully pour in the blended tomatoes and 3/4 glass of water. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring it to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Cook until the water has been reduced and the tomatoes are tender.
- Add boiled pasta and toss gently to combine. Add the oregano and dried basil, toss once more, and serve immediately with grated parmesan cheese and chopped basil leaves.
Your recipes Looks delicious.